Spring Clean Up Schedule
Spring Brush, Leaf and Trash Clean Up Services
2017 Spring Brush Collection Program
The Village of Spring Lake has scheduled a Brush Collection for Monday, May 15, 2017. All Village residents must have their brush at the curbside before 7:30 A.M. on Monday, May 15th.
Program rules are the same as last year, and include the following:
- Brush must be cut to uniform lengths no more than 8', no wire, nails, rope, twine, or other foreign material;
- Brush must be on curb or shoulder of street;
- No grass clippings or leaves;
- No lumber or posts;
- Debris from tree removals will not be collected (logs, stumps, etc.);
- 10-minute limit at each location by crews;
- Disposal of any leftover brush, or brush that does not comply with the program rules, will be resident's responsibility;
- Brush must be at curbside before 7:30 A.M. on Monday, May 15th.
VILLAGE CREWS WILL MAKE NO RETURN TRIPS.
2017 Spring Leaf Pickup
The Village of Spring Lake will provide the spring leaf pickup program on Monday, April 24. All leaves must be raked onto the street and off of the lawn by this date as the truck passes only once in the Spring. The hose on the vacuum truck is limited in length; therefore, piles on the lawn are hard to reach.
- All Village residents, except those on Savidge, need to have their leaves raked to the road by 7:30 a.m. Monday, April 24.
- M-104 (Savidge Street) residents need to have their leaves bagged and ready for pick up at 7:30 a.m. Monday, April 24.
- The Village leaf truck cannot pickup landscaping waste, ornamental grasses, sticks, brush, lumber, etc.
Spring Clean Up Services
The Village of Spring Lake will conduct its Spring Clean Up Program for all Village residents on Wednesday, May 3, 2017. This program is open to Village residents only and will be provided by licensed waste haulers.
NO TRASH WILL BE COLLECTED AFTER WEDNESDAY MAY 3, 2017 AS A PART OF THIS PROGRAM.
Property owners will be responsible for any trash left on the curb after May 3, 2017. This will include the cost of removal.
The following items will NOT be collected as a part of this program:
- Tree stumps, large automotive parts, concrete, blacktop, batteries, paint and any household solvents or cleaners of oil.
- Construction materials must be disassembled so they may be loaded in the trucks.
- Pipe will be accepted only if it is in six (6) foot lengths or shorter.
- If you have numerous items, please place them in a disposable container such as a cardboard box.
- Also limit container weight to 35 pounds or less.
- Only one major household appliance, which does not use Freon, will be collected per street address.
Residents are reminded to place their trash at the curb the day before the collection date. Residents with questions may contact their private waste hauler or call the Village Hall during regular office hours 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday, at 842-1393 or email Mary Paparella at email@example.com.
Kuerth's Disposal will serve residents who do not subscribe to a particular waste hauler. Please contact Kuerth's prior to May 3rd to register your address for a pick up. You MUST register your address or your trash will not be picked up.
KUERTH'S DISPOSAL 1-800-332-3496
REPUBLIC SERVICES 1-877-698-7274
WASTE MANAGEMENT 1-800-796-9696