Spring Clean Up Schedule
2021 Brush, Leaf and Trash Clean Up Schedules
Spring Trash Clean Up Services
The Village of Spring Lake will conduct its Spring Clean Up Program for all Village residents on Wednesday, May 12, 2021. This program is open to Village residents only and will be provided by licensed waste haulers.
NO TRASH WILL BE COLLECTED AFTER WEDNESDAY, MAY 12, 2021, AS A PART OF THIS PROGRAM.
Property owners will be responsible for any trash left on the curb after May 12, 2021. This will include the cost of removal.
The following items will NOT be collected as a part of this program:
- Tree stumps, large automotive parts, concrete, blacktop, batteries, paint and any household solvents or cleaners of oil.
- Construction materials must be disassembled so they may be loaded in the trucks.
- Pipe will be accepted only if it is in six (6) foot lengths or shorter.
- If you have numerous items, please place them in a disposable container such as a cardboard box.
- Also limit container weight to 35 pounds or less.
- Only one major household appliance, which does not use Freon, will be collected per street address.
Residents are reminded to place their trash at the curb the day before the collection date. Residents with questions may contact their private waste hauler or call the Village Hall during regular office hours 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday, at 842-1393.
Republic Services will serve residents who do not subscribe to a particular waste hauler. Please contact Republic Services prior to May 5th to register your address for a pick up. You MUST register your address or your trash will not be picked up.
KUERTH’S DISPOSAL – 1-800-332-3496
REPUBLIC SERVICES – 1-877-698-7274
ARROW WASTE – 1-616-748-1955
2021 Spring & Fall Leaf Pickup
Leaves must be raked onto the street shoulder or gutter and off the lawn. The hose on the vacuum truck is limited in length; therefore, piles on the lawn are hard to reach. Do not rake leaves or place bagged leaves in the traffic lane of the street. Once the leaves on a street have been cleared the Village crew will not return until remaining streets are cleared. Please do not place landscaping waste, lawn clippings, garden waste, ornamental grasses, sticks, brush, lumber, or rubbish such as metal or glass etc. in the leaf pile.
Monday, April 26 & Monday, May 3
Monday, October 25 – Wednesday, November 24
At the beginning of fall leaf pickup, times are less frequent and may not be weekly. As leaf fall becomes heavier, Village crews will routinely pick up leaves one time per week. Weekly pickup times may vary depending on leaf fall, weather and staffing. As a reminder, routine weekly pick-up begins on Monday morning. Once the leaves on a street have been cleared the Village crew will not return until remaining streets are cleared.
M-104 (Savidge Street)
Residents on M-104 (Savidge Street) will continue to bag leaves for Village crews to pickup. The Village crew will do their best to remove leaves on a weekly basis.
Residents with questions are asked to contact the Village Hall during normal business hours at 616-842-1393.
The exceptions are properties along M-104 (Savidge Street) in which case those properties must bag their leaves.
2021 Spring & Summer Brush Collection Program
The Village of Spring Lake has scheduled a Brush Collection for the third Monday each month on the dates listed.
- April 19
- May 17
- June 21
- July 19
- August 16
- September 20
- October 18
All Village residents must have their brush at the curbside before 7:30 A.M. on Monday of the dates listed, please avoid placing brush more than three days in advance of pickup.
Program rules are the same as last year, and include the following:
- Brush must be cut to uniform lengths no more than 8', no wire, nails, rope, twine, or other foreign material;
- Brush must be on curb or shoulder of street;
- No grass clippings or leaves;
- No lumber or posts;
- Debris from tree removals will not be collected (logs, stumps, etc.);
- 10-minute limit at each location by crews;
- Disposal of any leftover brush, or brush that does not comply with the program rules, will be resident’s responsibility;
- Brush must be at curbside before 7:30 A.M. on dates listed.
VILLAGE CREWS WILL MAKE NO RETURN TRIPS.
Residents with questions are asked to contact the Village Hall during normal business hours at 842-1393.