Fall Junk/Trash Clean Up Services Schedule
Fall Junk/Trash Clean Up Services
The Village of Spring Lake will conduct its Fall Junk/Trash Clean Up Program for all Village residents on Wednesday, October 7, 2020. This program is open to Village residents only and will be provided by licensed waste haulers.
NO TRASH WILL BE COLLECTED AFTER WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 7, 2020 AS A PART OF THIS PROGRAM.
Property owners will be responsible for any trash left on the curb after October 7, 2020. This will include the cost of removal.
The following items will NOT be collected as a part of this program:
- Tree stumps, large automotive parts, concrete, blacktop, batteries, paint and any household solvents or cleaners of oil.
- Construction materials must be disassembled so they may be loaded in the trucks.
- Pipe will be accepted only if it is in six (6) foot lengths or shorter.
- If you have numerous items, please place them in a disposable container such as a cardboard box.
- Also limit container weight to 35 pounds or less.
- Only one major household appliance, which does not use Freon, will be collected per street address.
Residents are reminded to place their trash at the curb the day before the collection date. Residents with questions may contact their private waste hauler or call the Village Hall during regular office hours 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday, at 842-1393.
Kuerth’s Disposal will serve residents who do not subscribe to a particular waste hauler. Please contact Kuerth’s prior to May 5th to register your address for a pick up. You MUST register your address or your trash will not be picked up.
KUERTH’S DISPOSAL – 1-800-332-3496
REPUBLIC SERVICES – 1-877-698-7274
ARROW WASTE – 1-616-748-1955
2020 Fall Leaf Pickup
The Village of Spring Lake will provide the fall leaf pickup program beginning October 26 through November 25. Leaves must be raked onto the street and off of the lawn, except for the leaves on M-104 (Savidge Street) – These leaves must be bagged. The hose on the vacuum truck is limited in length; therefore, piles on the lawn are hard to reach.
JUST A REMINDER
In the beginning of the leaf season, leaves don’t seem to drop that fast making pickup times more frequent. Village crews should be around more than once weekly in the beginning of the season. As the leaf season progresses and leaf fall is heavier, Village crews should be picking up your leaves one time per week. Remember the Village crew works on a specified route with the intent to pick up everyone’s leaves the same number of times. The Village Leaf Truck cannot pickup landscaping waste, ornamental grasses, sticks, brush, lumber, etc.
M-104 (Savidge Street)
Residents on M-104 (Savidge Street) will continue to bag leaves for Village crews to pickup. The Village crew will do their best to remove leaves on a weekly basis.
Residents with questions are asked to contact the Village Hall during normal business hours at 616-842-1393.
2020 Fall Brush Collection Program
The Village of Spring Lake will provide Brush Collection the third Monday in September. All Village residents must have their brush at the curbside before 7:30 A.M. on Monday, September 21, 2020, but no earlier than September 14.
Program rules are the same as last year, and include the following:
- Brush must be cut to uniform lengths no more than 8′, no
wire, nails, rope, twine, or other foreign material;
- Brush must be on curb or shoulder of street;
- No grass clippings or leaves;
- No lumber or posts;
- Debris from tree removals will not be collected (logs, stumps,
- 10-minute limit at each location by crews;
- Disposal of any leftover brush, or brush that does not comply
with the program rules, will be resident’s responsibility;
- Brush must be at curbside before 7:30 A.M. on Monday,
September 21 – VILLAGE CREWS WILL MAKE NO RETURN TRIPS.
Residents with questions are asked to contact the Village Hall during normal business hours at 842-1393.